Friday, September 25, 2009

Pepperoni Pizza Skillet



I found this recipe on "Put a Lyd On It". The picture is hers too. I thought it looked interesting. I was a little leary of the cream of mushroom soup and pizza sauce mixture. It amazingly turned out great. My kids and husband couldn't get enough.

5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (or other pasta of choice) ( I used spaghetti)
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef (I used ground turkey, and couldn't tell a difference)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1-1/2 cups chopped pepperoni
1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce (I had spaghetti sauce so I used it)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (4-1/2 oz)can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup grated
Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pepperoni, pizza sauce, soup, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and oregano.Drain noddles; stir into skillet and heat through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. (Yield 8 servings)

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing!
    I think I need to start cooking again! Thank you for dinner the other night, you did not dissapoint! I need that recipe too :) Pleaseeeee!

    You are an amazing cook!

    ReplyDelete