Sunday, August 2, 2009

Texas Brownies

My sister called the other night while I was making brownies. She assumed I was making them from scratch ( I rarely do!). She said that she didn't have any good homemade brownie recipes. I told her I had this one from my sister-in-law and promised I would share it. Here ya go, Holly! I told you there weren't many weird ingredients!

Boil in heavy saucepan:

½ C. butter
½ C. shortening
1 C. water
¼ C. cocoa

Mix in bowl:

2 C. sugar
2 C. flour

Pour boiling mixture over and barely mix.

Add to above and mix well with mixer:

½ C. buttermilk
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda

Put in jelly roll pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.

Frosting:

½ C. butter
¼ C. milk
2 T. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
3 ½ C. powdered sugar

Mix butter, cocoa, milk and boil. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat and pour on cake quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment