Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Raspberry-Basalmic Glazed Chicken


This was a nice simple recipe.  I saw this on a website call Recipe Exchange.  I didn't want to spend the extra money for seedless raspberry preserves, but I wish I would have.  The seeds were the only thing I didn't like about this chicken.  It had great flavor.

1 tsp vegetable oil
Cooking spray
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt divided
4 chicken breast halves
1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp pepper

Heat oil in a large nonstick skilled coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; sautee 5 minutes. Combine thyme and 1/4 tsp salt; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to skillet; sautee 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 tsp salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper, stirring constantly until the preserves melt. Spoon raspberry sauce over sliced chicken. Makes 4 servings.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you post recipes and I have all the ingredients for it in my pantry!!! This one is going on my menu list for next week! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete