Thursday, March 17, 2011

Berry Oat Bars

I saw this recipe and thought it looked delicious.  I had all the ingredients in my pantry.  I used frozen mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries).  I was determined to not to have more than one of these.  I ate one and then froze the rest.  They were delicious warm and frozen (yes I couldn't stay away from them).

Adapted From Put A Lyd On It

1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup cold butter
4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or mixed berries
4 tablespoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons lemon juice

In a bowl, combine flour, oats, 1 cup sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. Baking pan; set aside.

In a saucepan, combine blueberries, cornstarch, lemon juice, and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil;  boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.  We ate ours a little warm and they were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment