Friday, February 4, 2011

Pork Carnitas



So I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen.  I really like shredded pork tacos.  I love the Cafe Rio version, but most times I don't have all the ingredients to make it.  I saw this recipe and thought it looked delicious.  It was awesome!  I actually liked it a little better than the Cafe Rio recipe. 

3 pounds Boneless Pork Shoulder, Cut Into Cubes
3/4 cups Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
½ whole Lime, Juiced
7 cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 Tablespoon Cumin
¼ cups Cilantro, Chopped
¼ cups Chicken Or Beef Stock
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients (except olive oil) and stir. Arrange the pork so it sits as a single layer at the bottom of the pot. Set slow cooker to High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours. 

Once the pork is done, it should be tender enough that you can shred it with a spoon. Heat a pan with the olive oil. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pork from the pot to the pan. Fry the pork until brown and crispy, breaking it up as you fry it.

Serve on tortillas garnished with chopped onions, avocado, fresh cilantro and lime wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment