Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lemon Herb Chicken Bake



I found this recipe today on Yummy Fun while I was trying to plan my weekly menu.  I really liked it because I had everything I needed to make this minus the lemon juice.  I really liked this dish.  It took longer than 40 minutes to make it but that may have been because of the size of my potatoes and chicken.  My kids ate it up.  Orrin doesn't eat peas unless threatened, and he said his peas tasted really good!  I think the sauce was the best part of this dish.

6-7 chicken breast thawed and trimmed  (I diced up my chicken)
5-6 med red potatoes - quartered
1 C peas (frozen)

In a sauce pan combine the following and let simmer for 3-5 minutes
1/4 C butter
3 T. lemon juice
3 T. minced dried onion  (I used fresh onion)
1 T. Rosemary blend spice (I just used and italian seasoning blend)
3/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. sugar
2/3 Cup Half and Half  (I used skim milk because it was what I had)

Sprinkle on right before baking

1/2 C fresh Parmesan cheese

Place chicken in baking dish, cover with red potatoes and peas and pour sauce over the chicken and vegetables and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake uncovered 400 approximately 40 minutes until bubbly and potatoes are browning.  
 
**It took about 60-70 minutes for mine to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment