Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sesame Noodles


I don't know how the rest of the world is, but I sometimes get stuck on what to serve for side items.  I saw this recipe from Jamie Cooks it Up and I thought it was worth a shot.  I am so glad I tried them.  I couldn't stop eating them.  I made them as a main dish and they were definitely main dish worthy.  We had some leftovers and I ate them cold for lunch the next day.  They are good warm or cold!  These could go with chicken or just by themselves.  Enjoy!

Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings

4 T soy sauce
3 T brown sugar
2 T sesame oil
1/2 T peanut butter
1 t hot chili oil
1 T olive oil
1 T white sugar
1 small can mushrooms, chopped
3-4 green onions, chopped
1/2 T sesame seeds
1 16 oz package Capellini Noodles (or thin spaghetti noodles)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.

2. While your noodles simmer away, add all ingredients but the mushrooms, green onions and sesame seeds, into a large mixing bowl. Stir them all up nicely so they are incorporated well.

3. When the noodles are done cooking, pour them into a strainer to drain all of the hot water. Immediately add the noodles to the sauce. Add the mushrooms and sesame seeds and stir it all up. Sprinkle with the green onions and you are ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment