Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chili Rubbed Tilapia

Okay I have to admit we are not huge fish eaters at our house.  It isn't because we don't like it, but a lot of fish doesn't fit in our budget.  A lot of people have mentioned Tilapia to me because it is budget friendly.  I have tried it before and thought it was a little too fishy for me.  I don't like fish that tastes like fish.  Imagine that!!  I decided I was going to give it another try so I set out on a mission to find a good recipe.  I found a recipe on the Foodnetwork that seemed promising.  I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.  I still knew I was eating fish, but it also had a great flavor.  Here is the recipe, I adapted from the Foodnetwork.

2 T.  chili powder
1/2 tsp.  garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
limes, for squeezing
1 lb. of tilapia filets  (I just bought a bag of individually packaged ones at Winco)

On a plate, mix chili powder, garlic powder, and salt.  Dredge filets in the seasoning.  Place in preheated pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.  Be careful when turning because the fish is pretty delicate and will crumble.  I used my George Forman grill and it worked perfectly.   After fish is done serve with lime juice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment