Sunday, March 7, 2010

Salisbury Steak

I was cruising my usual cooking sites looking for something to cook and saw this recipe on Cooking Mamas. I don't know if it is because we have really been limiting the red meat at our house or if I just needed something that had a little substance to it, but this recipe really grabbed my attention. I couldn't wait to make this for our Sunday dinner. It was delicious and my kids were negotiating who got the last steak. I was definitely happy and satisfied after I ate this. I followed all the instructions for the recipe (except for a few substitutions) including the mashed potatoes and green beans. MMMMMM!!!!!

1 lb. ground beef
1/2. saltine crackers, crushed (I didn't have these so I used Panko bread crumbs)
1 egg beaten
1/4 c. onion
1/2 t. salt
pepper to taste
1/2 c. water
1 12 oz. jar turkey gravy (I made my normal gravy from this recipe)

Combine beef, crushed crackers, beaten egg, onions, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Mix well and form into 4-6 patties depending on size the want them. Set aside. Combine water and gravy in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through. Whip up some mashed potatoes,pour over some of the yummy gravy, have some green beans and you have yourself another hearty meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment