Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl


From Kraft Food and Family Magazine

3 C. sliced fresh strawberries
3 T. sugar
2 pkg. Neufchatel Cheese, softened (light cream cheese)
1 1/2 C. Cold Milk
1 pkg. Jell-O Vanilla Instant pudding ( I used sugar-free)
2 C. Thawed Cool-Whip Lite, divided
2 C. frozen pound cake cubes (1 inch), (I used Sara Lee from the freezer section)
Semi-Sweet chocolate for melting.

Combine berries and sugar. Refrigerate until ready to use. Beat Neufchatel cheese with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add pudding mix; mix well. Blend in 1 1/2 C. Cool Whip. Spoon half into 2 1/2 qt. bowl. Top with cake, berries and remaining cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Melt chocolate; drizzle over dessert and top with Cool Whip.

I double this recipe and did multiple layers for more of a trifle. I took this to a ward dessert social and the bowl was licked clean. I think I ate most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment