Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Slow-cooker Chicken and Dumplings

Okay, so I love Pinterest.  I have found some real winners as far as recipes go.  This one is one of them from Polish the Stars.  It is so simple, goes in the crockpot, and makes you feel really great when you eat it.  I have made this recipe quite a few times and my kids can't get enough.  I was worried that the biscuits wouldn't be good, but they hold their flakiness in the dish.  It is not the most health conscience, but on these cold windy Idaho days it is awesome.

1lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (3-5)
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 cans (10.5oz) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (14oz) Chicken Broth (I use two cans so I can add more biscuits)
1 medium White Onion, diced
4 Large Flaky Refrigerator Biscuits  (I use a whole can)

Place chicken in crock pot and top with butter. Add cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and diced onions. Cook on High for 4-6 hours.  Remove chicken from crock pot and use a fork to shred. Return chicken to the crock pot. Cut each uncooked biscuit into 9 pieces and stir into the chicken mixture. Continue to cook on High for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes about 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment