Monday, October 10, 2011

Rootbeer Cookies

My friend Meggan posted this recipe on her facebook account.  My mouth started watering.  I made these for a family night treat.  I have to say they are delicious.  I think they are the best after the frosting and the cookies cool down.  The frosting hardens and it is awesome!

Cookies:
2 C brown sugar
1 C softened butter
1/2 C buttermilk (or 1 1/2 t lemon juice or white vinegar and enough milk to make 1/2 C)
2 eggs
2 T root beer extract (this sounds like a lot, but it really isn't)

Mix until blended.  Add:

4 C flour (I ended up doing about 3/4 C more flour and I would recommend that)
1 t soda
1 pinch salt

Drop by rounded teaspoons on cookie sheet.  Cook at 350 for 10-12 mins.

Frosting:
1/2 cube butter softened
1 T root beer extract
3 1/2 C powdered sugar
approx 5 T milk

No comments:

Post a Comment