Monday, June 6, 2011

Beef Pepperoncini Sandwiches

I had a roast that I needed to use and I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen.  It was so easy and so good!    I couldn't believe how much flavor it had and I ate way more than I should have.  I also made this recipe again and substituted the beef for chicken.  It was equally delicious!

4 pounds Beef Pot/Rump Roast
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 jar Pepperoncini's, sliced
Italian Hoagie Rolls
Sliced or shredded cheese of your choice
Mayonnaise

With a sharp knife, puncture holes around roast multiple times. After each time you pull the knife out, use your finger to stuff the garlic deep into the roast. If you love garlic make lots of punctures, if not then do less.

Place the roast into a crock pot. Dump juices from the pepperoncini jar over the roast.  Throw the sliced pepperoncini’s in the crockpot with the beef and juice.
Cook roast on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours until you can easily shred the beef.  Toast rolls.  Add cheese and mayo if desired. Fill with beef and enjoy warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment