Sunday, June 27, 2010

Oatmeal Chewies

These are my newest go to dessert. My sister and sister-in law made these bars for Leah's baby blessing. I knew I needed to get my hands on this recipe. The bars are chewy, but also very gooey. You can't eat just one. I have convinced myself that because there is oatmeal in them, they are a health food.

Combine:
1 c. Butter
2 c Brown Sugar

Add:
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix well, then add:
2 1/2 c Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 oats

In a sauce pan combine:
1/4 c butter
2 c chocolate chips
1 can sweet and condensed milk

Stir until melted then add:
2 tsp vanilla

Grease a 9x13 pan. Put 3/4 of oat mixture in bottom, pour chocolate on top. Clump the rest of the oat mixture on top of the chocolate. Bake at 350 for 25 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment